In my blog, I have talked about the benefits of a Tantric massage to improve your sex life and now I want to talk about food to improve your sex drive. Aphrodisiacs are defined as substances which induce sexual desire and/or improve sexual performance; named after Aphrodite, the goddess of love who was said to have been born from a wave in the sea and was associated with the ancient cult of Ishtar. Ishtar was the mother-goddess of love and war (hence the association with Venus and Mars) who constantly travelled the underworld to rescue her lover Tammuz, the god of crops, who at the beginning of every year returns from the dead only to die again at the end of the year, hence the association with creation from 'birth to death and rebirth again'. Food is an essential part of life and healthy food is key to a healthy sex life, so along with your Tantric massage why not try my 10 food tips.
1. Bananas are high in potassium and magnesium.
2. There are many cultures value sea vegetables for their aphrodisiac virtue. This is due to vitamins B1 and B2 found in sea vegetables, which helps in producing sex hormones. We also find high source of manganese, iodine, and selenium, which could effect the metabolism and mood.
3. Asparagus contains potassium which is need to produce histamine in the body to trigger orgasm.
4. Honey is good for Vitamin B. Organic raw honey supports testosterone production, which can increase male desire. It also contains the boron used in oestrogen production, essential for female desire.
5. Truffle is expensive, earthy fungus has a pungent flavour with an aphrodisiac reputation extending back to ancient Roman times.
6. Oysters are well know and are high in zinc for enhancing libido.
7. Shrimps give you iodine which is important for sperm production.
8. Nutmeg creates warmth in the body and stimulates nerve endings.
9. Ginger enhances blood circulation and improves digestion.
10. Dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which stimulates the same hormone your body releases during sex. It also activates dopamine production in the brain.
I make no promises but maybe a Tantric massage with me a few days before Valentines Day and then a romantic dinner with your partner selecting some of these suggestions just might make 14th February 2014 a night to remember.